To assist licensed therapists with patient related tasks as directed by occupational/physical therapist. Responsible for documentation requirements as assigned by the Rehabilitation Director.
1. Assist the licensed therapist with skilled treatments and carries out range-of-motion and other maintenance exercise programs for residents.
2. Assist in preparing therapy materials used in group and individual programs.
1. Assist residents in use of exercise equipment.
2. Assist physical therapist with gait training, transfers, and ambulation of residents. Assist Occupational therapist with ADL training and exercises. Assist residents with toileting as necessary.
3. Administer superficial heat treatments, including whirlpool, paraffin and hydrocollator packs under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist/occupational therapist.
4. Transport residents to and from the physical/occupational therapy clinics.
5. Help to maintain and inventory supplies and equipment. Keeps therapy clinics in order, and cleans therapy equipment on a daily basis as instructed.
6. Assist with clerical duties, (filing, copying , faxing, mailing, phone calls, etc.).
7. Attend in-service meetings planned by the Director of Rehabilitation services or other staff of the facility.
8. Attend Rehabilitation Therapy Department meetings. Attend Quality Care Council meetings as delegated by the Director of Rehabilitation Services.
9. Assist with daily record-keeping and monthly statistics pertaining to resident care treatments.
10. Report to the Physical/Occupational therapists regarding the residents' responses to treatment.
11. Ensure that residents are treated with respect and kindness at all times.
12. Attend staff meetings and required or preferred in-service training.
1. High school diploma required.
2. Certified Nursing Assistant required. Registration in the New York State RHCF Nurse Aide Registry required. Active on the NYSRHCF Nursing Aide Registry with no findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment, misappropriation of property.
3. Experience in therapy treatment preferred.
4. Interest and ability to work well with the elderly required.
5. Caring, respectful manner towards residents required.
6. Ability to communicate well verbally with residents necessary.
7. Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence
8. Physical stamina for constant activity required.
9. Experience/appropriate training and/or education relative to the types of patients admitted for rehabilitation therapy.