To assist licensed physical therapist with skilled treatments and give maintenance physical therapy treatments as directed by the licensed physical therapist.
1. Assists the licensed physical therapist with skilled treatments and carries out range-of-motion and other maintenance exercise programs for residents.
2. Assists residents in use of exercise equipment.
3. Assists physical therapist with gait training and ambulation of residents.
4. Administers superficial heat treatments, including whirlpool, paraffin and hydrocollator packs under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist.
5. Transports residents to and from the physical therapy area.
6. Keeps the physical therapy department orderly, and cleans the physical therapy equipment daily as instructed.
7. Assists with clerical duties, (mailing, phone calls, etc.).
8. Attends in-service meetings planned by licensed physical therapists or other staff of the facility.
9. Attends Physical Therapy Department meetings. Attends Employee Council meetings as delegated by the Director Physical Therapy.
10. Assists with daily record-keeping and monthly statistics pertaining to resident care treatments.
11. Helps maintain and organize departmental files.
12. Reports to the Director Physical Therapy regarding the residents' responses to treatment.
13. Respects the rights of residents at all times and responds in a timely, professional and caring manner to the requests of residents.
14. Performs all job duties according to safety rules and practices required for this job position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this facility.
15. Generate and develop ideas, which improve the quality of care for residents or increase job productivity and satisfaction.
16. Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence standards and goals established for this job position, and for all staff members of this facility.
17. Performs other work duties as assigned by Director Physical Therapy.
1. High school diploma required.
2. Certified Nursing Assistant required.
3. Experience preferred but not necessary in therapy treatment.
4. Interest and ability to work well with the elderly required
5. Caring, respectful manner towards residents required.
6. Ability to communicate well verbally with residents necessary.
7. Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
8. Physical stamina for constant activity required.