Responsible for assisting the Activities Director and implementing a program of recreational activities to meet the individual recreational needs of residents on an assigned unit, and for leading group activities.
|A 1. Assists the Director Activities in planning and carrying out the activity program.|
2. Approaches residents on assigned unit to plan individual recreational and social activities; reports to Director Activities about response and cooperation of resident.
3. Prepares resident information for use by the Director Activities in care planning and documentation; writes progress notes as assigned.
4. Assists in developing and maintaining good contact with community resources for the betterment of the activities program.
5. Responsible for maintaining departmental inventory of equipment and supplies.
6. Maintains attendance records and prepares other reports as required.
7. Utilizes assistance of volunteers with planned programs.
8. Performs in-service programs of the facility.
9. Does light housekeeping tasks in the Activity Room (cleaning refrigerator, sink, stove, tables) on a daily basis, and assists with maintaining the general esthetic appearance of the activity areas.
10. Maintains bulletin board displays on the nursing unit and in the Activities Room area.
11. Prepares daily broadcasting script.
12. Transfers/secures residents into van for outside travel programs; drives van or other vehicle for outside activity programs.
13. Attends Employee Council meetings and departmental meetings.
1.High school diploma required.
Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.