Pay: $18.00 - 25.00 / hr
Nurse Technicians assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our pediatric individuals by providing direct nursing and personal care support. This position is responsible for assisting individuals with all aspects of Daily Living Activities ensuring that the highest degree of quality individual care is maintained at all times while following all federal and state regulations within their scope of practice.
Nurse Technician Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides individuals with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) care and services including, but not limited to, keeping individuals dry i.e.,changing bed/crib linens, assisting individuals with bowel and bladder functions, assisting with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting individuals into and out of beds, chairs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc., assisting individuals to walk with or without self-help devices.
2. Documents all provided services (i.e., ADL care, meals and activity participation) in the individual’s medical record.
3. Checks each individual routinely to ensure that his/her personal care needs are met.
4. Prepares individuals for meals and assists with the serving and feeding of meals as indicated in individual’s care plan.
5. Completes clinical duties including preforming range of motion, emptying ostomy bags, and obtaining vital signs following training and competency assessment.
6. Performs routine housekeeping duties (i.e., cleaning equipment, toys, spills, etc.) before leaving work area for breaks or at the end of the workday; stores all tools, equipment and supplies properly.
7. Reports all changes in the individual’s condition to the supervisor as soon as possible.
8. Responsible for performing all assigned tasks in accordance with the established policies and procedures under the direction of a supervisor.
9. Consistently demonstrates the ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
10. Shows respect for personal possessions of individuals and helping maintain an orderly and pleasant environment on the nursing unit for staff and individuals.
11. Observes and practices confidentiality of individuals’ information and privacy when performing job duties.
12. Based on each individual’s ability, provides activities that enhance self-esteem, maintain, or improve physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being.
13. Assists with loading/unloading individuals from vehicles as necessary.
14. May be responsible for the safe transport of children to appointments in a PSC owned vehicle.
15. Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment.
16. Develops and maintains a good working rapport with inter-departmental staff within the center to assure that services and activities can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of the individuals.
17. Acts as a positive representative of PSC by interacting with individuals, staff and visitors in a courteous manner.
18. Attends and participates in continuing education programs designed to keep staff abreast of changes in the profession, regardless of them being provided by PSC.
19. Utilizes electronic timekeeping system as directed.
20. Arrives to work on time, regularly, and works as scheduled.
21. Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including wearing name tag at all times.
22. Follows policy and procedure regarding all electronic devices, computers, tablets, etc.
23. Supports and abides by Pediatric Specialty Care’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
24. Abides by Pediatric Specialty Care’s businesses code of conduct, compliance and HIPAA policies.
25. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management staff or Administrator.
Nurse Technician Skills/Competencies:
· Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
· Ability to work independently or part of a group
· Ability to lead various activity programs
· Displays patience, empathy, and passion for working with children
· Ability to be flexible and interact with a variety of developmental levels
Nurse Technician Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
· High school diploma or GED
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· Possesses and maintains current, valid CPR/First Aid certification
· Current, valid driver license
· Proficiency with computer programs and applications preferred
· Nursing Assistant/Medical Assistant Certification preferred