Elderwood Assisted Living at Wheatfield is searching for a Director of Culinary Services/Executive Chef. Help us care for our residents by ensuring delicious and healthy meals. Successful candidates will have at least three years of supervisory experience and at least one year of experience in a healthcare setting.
The Director of Culinary Services oversees all aspects of the Culinary Services Department and coordinates with residents and family members on customizing dining experiences. This individual organizes, plans, directs, controls, and supervises department operations, functions and personnel. The individual also performs in the capacity of Executive Chef of the Culinary team.
1. Oversees the daily operations of culinary services including the kitchen, dish room, food storage areas, and dining rooms.
2. Adheres to state regulations, current best practices, policies, and procedures for food preparation and meal service.
3. Works with Director of Nutritional Services and Regional Director of Dining on menus, recipe development and nutritional diet requirements.
4. Reports to the Regional Director of Dining Services and Administrator for any department needs.
5. Maintains department food and non-food item inventory consistent with budgetary confines.
6. Adheres to purchasing practices set forth by the Director of Purchasing, Nutritional Services Director and Regional Director of Dining Services.
7. Conducts routine audits and monitors performance improvement initiatives related to food service.
8. Attends, leads, and actively participates in, resident care plan meetings, staff meetings, required inservice programs, and other meetings/programs deemed appropriate by the Administrator, Director of Nutritional Services or Regional Director of Dining.
9. Performs job functions of each department position when necessary.
10. Regularly interacts and communicates with residents/family members regarding meal service and customer service programs.
11. Maintains a working knowledge of federal regulations of the state health code and rules and regulations regarding meal service in the post-acute care setting.
12. Ensures proper preparation, maintenance, and service of food in accordance with State rules and regulations.
13. Acts as a preceptor for Dietetic and/or Food Service students and interns.
14. Conducts monthly in-service programs for culinary staff to practice safety and compliance.
15. Evaluates the performance of all Culinary Services staff members including administering coaching, discipline, etc.
16. Efficiently schedules staff within budgetary guidelines, approves timecards, schedule changes, etc.
17. Collaborates with Human Resources Department on recruitment efforts, employee relations matters, interviews candidates for open positions, and other supervisory support.
18. Travels as needed to catering events, food shows, meetings, etc. as required.
19. Arrives to work on time, regularly, and works as scheduled.
20. Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including wearing name tag at all times.
21. Follows policy and procedure regarding all electronic devices, computers, tablets, etc.
22. Supports and abides by Elderwood’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
23. Abides by Elderwood’s businesses code of conduct, compliance and HIPAA policies.
24. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management staff or Administrator.