MDS Nurse Opportunity!
Our MDS Nurse Oversees, reviews and/or completes the MDS/PPS components of the facility based MDS/PPS/QI Program. Attends program education/training sessions. Completes all Medicare PPS MDS's for both subacute andlong-term care. Establishes the schedules for compleion of the Medicare required assessments setting the completion date to maximize reimbursement and RUGS categories for each individual assessment. Acts as support/liaison to the Director of Nursing Services in determining eligibility for Medicare and tracking Medicare days in the facility. Consults with Clinical Management Systems Department regarding training and audit results. Serves as facility contact for third part payors to ensure coverage under the HMO contracts.
1. Assist in development of and attend training program for RUGS III compatible with State Codes, Rules and Regulations, Elderwood standards and software requirements.
2. Complete the Medicare required assessments and set the schedule for completion in accordance with Federal Codes, Rules and Regulations to ensure maximization of RUGS IV scores and reimbursement.
3. Act as support/liaision to the Director of Nursing Services to determine eligibility for Medicare and tracking of Medicare participants in the facility.
4. Provide ongoing in-service, updates, and the Medicare PPS Program.
5. Assist the Clinical Management Systems Department in developing assessment tools and reviewing processes for implementation at the facility level.
6. Attend resident review meetings.
1. Registered Professional Nurse, licensed in New York State.
2. Knowledge of PRI/MDS/PPS software, completion, coding and submission requirements.
3. Adult teaching experience essential
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of NYS Medicaid Program, RUGS II Classification Systems; Medicare/PPS Program, RUGS III Classification/Reimbursement Systems; Elderwood Medical Records Systems and documentation requirements.