Elderwood Village at Williamsville is looking for a Dining Room Supervisor. If you have experience as a server/dietary aide and are looking for the next step in your career, we want to talk to you.
The Dining Room Supervisor provides oversight and management of dining room table service. This individual ensures exceptional customer service is provided to our residents and directs staff accordingly to ensue proper service is executed. This individual follows all company policies, procedures and practices aligned with food/table service as well as state, local and federal regulations.
Essential Job Functions
1. Assists the Director of Culinary Services in the supervision and evaluation of kitchen utility and dining room personnel.
2. Supervises staff daily in customer service and dining room hospitality of breakfast, lunch, dinner and special event operations.
3. Receives diet orders from nursing staff and processes the information immediately.
4. Observes residents at mealtime and interviews residents to resolve complaints/concerns about food service.
5. Maintains up-to-date food service records (meal census, temperatures log, etc).
6. Coordinates the schedule and staffing of the dining room (and kitchen, if requested); assigns staff as necessary according to their position(s) and to maintain efficiency.
7. Trains employees, new and current, as necessary for onboarding, in-services, etc.
8. Prepares written reports as requested.
9. Works with the Director of Culinary Services and Sous Chef in maintaining established dietary standards, policies and procedures.
10. Is knowledgeable of and consistently practices rules of sanitation and safety; ensures observance of the procedures by all department staff.
11. Ensures that food and beverages are properly prepared, held at correct temperature, served at correct temperature, and served properly.
12. Assists with maintaining the system for properly identifying diet of resident in the serving of food, beverages and nourishments.
13. Consults with appropriate kitchen staff about preparation of recipes.
14. Directs departmental cleaning as assigned.
15. Requests maintenance or repair of kitchen equipment.
16. Submits inventories of supplies and equipment and advises Director of Culinary Services of department needs.
17. Performs duties of absent employees when necessary.
18. Coordinates servicing of vending machines and hot foods from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in Employee Dining Room, if applicable.
19. Attends or leads departmental meetings.
20. Reports problems and accomplishments to Director of Culinary Services on a regular basis.
21. Operates computer software programs, as needed/required.
22. Ensures proper rotation of food supplies.
23. Generates and develops ideas, which improves the quality of care for residents or increase job productivity and satisfaction. Encourages involvement and recognizes staff for making exceptional contributions.
24. Utilizes electronic timekeeping system as directed.
25. Arrives to work on time, regularly, and works as scheduled.
26. Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including wearing name tag at all times.
27. Follows policy and procedure regarding all electronic devices, computers, tablets, etc.
28. Supports and abides by Elderwood’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
29. Abides by Elderwood’s businesses code of conduct, compliance and HIPAA policies.
30. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management staff or Administrator.
Base wages increase with experience!
Educational Requirements and Qualifications
· Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
· Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a supervisory capacity in food service or hospitality
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience in food service
· Working knowledge of sanitary code requirements, food handling, and applicable safety measures
· Associates degree in food service administration, hospitality or related field preferred
· Computer skills for operation of nutrition/dietary applications and software preferred
· ServSafe certification recommended
· Strong leadership skills
· Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Displays friendly, polite and empathetic demeanor towards geriatric population
· Able to work in a physically demanding and fast-paced environment
· Displays highest levels of cleanliness and personal hygiene
· Strong verbal communication skills
This position description is not intended to imply a contract of employment. Employment with Elderwood is “at-will”. Employment at-will may be terminated at any time by the employee or Elderwood. All requirements and duties are considered essential functions. Elderwood also reserves the right to adjust workers’ schedules and physical locations based on operational needs.
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.