Provide clerical support to the purchasing department.
1. Receive, open, process and distribute mail.
2. Identify and process routine and stock orders timely and according to scheduled order days.
3. Enter, log and place purchase orders from information on purchase requisitions approved by Purchasing Director. Distribute copies of purchase orders to the appropriate customer or department.
4. Contact customers and vendors with questions and answers regarding pricing, quotations, deliver, units of measure and specifications, etc.
5. Distribute memos and mailings to facilities and vendors.
Job Title Purchasing Clerk
FLSA / Grade / Job Code Non-Exempt 2 PURCLK
Revision dates 12/2021
Reports to Administrator
Job Summary Provide clerical support to the purchasing department.
Qualifications · High School diploma or equivalent. · Minimum of six months experience in purchasing work. · Knowledge of office machines and equipment.
6. Assist with the maintenance of the automatic purchasing system at facility locations.
7. Maintain inventory and place orders for supplies and forms located at the corporate office.
8. Maintain and update filing of purchase orders, requisitions, quotations, and other pertinent paperwork.
9. Print and distribute purchasing reports.
10. Attend staff meetings and required or preferred in-service training.
11. Generate and develop ideas, which improve the quality of care for residents or increase job productivity and satisfaction. Encourage involvement and recognize staff for making exceptional contributions.
12. Performs all job duties according to safety rules and practices required for this job position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents, and visitors of this facility.
13. Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence standards and goals established for this job position, and for all staff members of this facility.
14. Exhibit the highest level of customer service toward staff, residents, and visitors.
15. Perform other work duties as assigned by the Purchasing Director.
16. Pack and unpack items for storage in stockroom.
17. Distribute products or materials to store shelves, co-workers or customers.
18. Keep the stock room neat and orderly.
19. Utilizes electronic timekeeping system as directed.
20. Arrives to work on time, regularly, and works as scheduled.
21. Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including wearing name tag at all times.
22. Follows policy and procedure regarding all electronic devices, computers, tablets, etc.
23. Supports and abides by Elderwood’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
24. Abides by Elderwood’s businesses code of conduct, compliance and HIPAA policies.
25. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management staff or Administrator.
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.