Activities Assistants provide enjoyable past-times for our residents that enhance their well-being and quality of life.
1. Assists the Director Activities in planning and carrying out the activity program.
2. Approaches residents on assigned unit to plan individual recreational and social activities; reports to Director Activities about response and cooperation of resident.
3. Prepares resident information for use by the Director Activities in care planning and documentation; writes progress notes as assigned.
4. Assists in developing and maintaining good contact with community resources for the betterment of the activities program.
5. Responsible for maintaining departmental inventory of equipment and supplies.
6. Maintains attendance records and prepares other reports as required.
7. Utilizes assistance of volunteers with planned programs.
8. Performs in-service programs of the facility.
9. Does light housekeeping tasks in the Activity Room (cleaning refrigerator, sink, stove, tables) on a daily basis, and assists with maintaining the general esthetic appearance of the activity areas.
10. Maintains bulletin board displays on the nursing unit and in the Activities Room area.
11. Prepares daily broadcasting script.
12. Transfers/secures residents into van for outside travel programs; drives van or other vehicle for outside activity programs.
13. Attends Employee Council meetings and departmental meetings.
14. Generate and develop ideas, which improve the quality of care for residents or increase job productivity and satisfaction.
15. Performs all job duties according to safety rules and practices required for this job position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this facility.
16. Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence standards and goals established for this job position, and for all staff members of this facility.
17. Exhibits the highest level of customer service towards residents, families, visitors and co-workers.
18. Performs other work duties as assigned by Directory Activities.
RESUMES ARE REQUIRED IN RESPONSE TO THIS POSTING